Breaking The Cycle is a FREE program that takes teenagers ages 13 to 19 on rides on local mountain bike trails every week with experienced mountain bikers as leaders and mentors. Rides include complete instruction on mountain biking skills, starting with the basics and moving on to more advanced skills depending on the abilities and interests of the kids. Teens don't need to have any prior mountain biking experience to enjoy this program (but they do need to be very comfortable riding a bicycle).
Breaking The Cycle provides at no cost:
- NEW mountain bikes, helmets, gloves, and water bottles
- Clinics on bike safety and maintenance
- Snacks and lunches for all participants
- Transportation to and from the trailhead
We have trails here in central Connecticut that will blow you away. Rides are May through September, every Sunday 10:00 am- 1:30 pm.
So what do I need to do to go for a ride or refer a teen?
1) Call us at (860) 992-2441 to ensure the program is going to be a good fit.
2) There is a waiver form that needs to be filled out and returned before any teen goes on a ride. This form also contains important medical information, allergies, contact information, etc. Nobody rides without this form submitted first.